Saturday, October 09, 2010

Back in the US

Well, I made it back into the US and I am currently in Washington, visiting some friends and family. We did have some troubles along the way. In northern British Columbia we hit a lot of snow. My husband was driving our truck and hauling a 16' trailer that was loaded with about 3,000-4,000 pounds of stuff. All of a sudden the trailer started fishtailing and then jackknifed. The trailer spun the truck around and the truck hit the ditch. It was at a severe angle, but the trailer managed to stay on the road. We were lucky in that none of our stuff was damaged and the frame and hitch were not bent or twisted. The only damage to the truck was a crack in the bumper and a dent in the trailer. That is enough adventure for us, hopefully the rest of the trip will be uneventful.

I thought it was about time for some more of my Christmas cards since I haven't posted in a while. Since I did some Winnie the Pooh cards last time I will do my Mickey Mouse cards this time.

This card with Donald and Daisy was made using the Mickey & Friends cartridge. I also used the 50 State cartridge for the mistletoe. The card is 5"x7." I made it large so that I could make the image a little bit larger, since all those little pieces can be difficult. I believe I cut them out at about 3 1/2." The inside of the card says, "Merry Kiss-mas!"

The other card was made using the Mickey Font cartridge. The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I cut Mickey and Minnie's faces out at 2." The "merry christmas" sentiment is also cut using the font from the cartridge. It is a pretty simple card, just dressed up with fun patterned papers and some Stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment