Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Baby Girl

My husband's cousin just recently had a baby girl. I just got her announcement in the mail today and thought I should make her a card. Better late than never right? :)
This card is 5"x7." The patterned paper I used is from the Flower Shower Spring Stack by DCWV. The little girl is from Baby Steps, cut at 2." I used the D'vine Swirls embossing folder for the mat that the little girl is on. I added flocking to the cloud and glossy accents to the moon. I put two different types of ribbon behind the mat, a pink satin ribbon and a yellow grosgrain ribbon. I stamped my sentiment in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko. I finished off the card with a star shaped button that I covered in yellow Stickles.
I made this for following challenges:
  • Whimsical Designs: sketch
  • 365 Cards: "Day 6" - one piece of patterned paper, one stamp, and any three embellishments (two ribbons and star button)

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! That baby is precious and the poem is beyond cute! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet. That's an adorable card!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!
    Love the darling sentiment and the little baby is precious :)
    Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful! I love everything about it. The colors, the baby, the shine... you did a great job with the sketch too! Thanks for playing with us this week at Whimsical Wednesdays. Hope you come back and play with us again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete