Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding Day

My mother-in-law needed a wedding card for this weekend, so I decided to use a couple of challenges to help me create one for her. Now I just hope she likes it, although it is more important that the bride and groom like it!
The card is 5"x7." I used a white cardstock for the base, rounded the corners, then added a silver layer with rounded corners. The black frame is from Elegant Edges, using the oblong frame feature. I used my Gypsy to size it to fit the card perfectly. I used a piece of striped cardstock from the Formal Affair Stack by DCWV to layer inside the frame. My bride and groom are from the Wedding cartridge, cut at 4." I embossed the black layer with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I adhered them to the card with some foam tape and gave the bride a pearl necklace. For the sentiment, I used Cindy Loo and the frame feature to create the label. I stamped my sentiment, which is from My Pink Stamper, and added some silver Stickles to the flourish and glossy accents to the frame. I added some sheer ribbon under the frame and used pop-dots to adhere it all to the card. I matted the inside of the card with black, silver and white. I cut a 1" flourish from Cindy Loo, using the border feature and covered it with silver Stickles. I then stamped my sentiment, which is by Rubber Stampede.
I made this for the following challenges:
  • BBTB2: "Cindy Loo" - any flourish
  • Cardz TV: "Cricut Cardz Challenge" - frame
  • 365 Cards: "Day 26" - peace, love, and happiness

9 comments:

  1. Isn't this just so pretty!!! I love how you used the flourish inside and the sparkle and shine on it. That's my favorite cut to use on wedding cards and it's great that you framed the cut. Since I'm on both design teams I thank you for playing along at BBTB2 and CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sparkly silver flourishes! The wedding card is lovely and I like the black, white, and silver color choices - but I love your glitterly silver flourishes best of all! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card. I love the flourishes and like how you also decorated the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very elegant..... I love the silhouette of the bride and groom, the pearl necklace is just a perfect touch, and your flourish adds just the right touch. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy and elegant. Thanks for linking up at BBTB2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Beautiful, Elegant card this is! Love the sparkle on the flourish's! So glad you joined us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stiking and oh so sophisticated. Gorgeous wedding card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job with this, nice inspiration! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is beautiful! I love how you've added the ribbon. Fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete