Thursday, May 30, 2013

Animal Antics Creation #2

There are so many cute little critters on this cartridge.  It is really hard to decide which one to use next!
 
I have been wanting to use a certain sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps for a while, but never got around to it.  I decided that I would use it on this card and that pretty much decided which image I was going to use this time around.
 
So, here is the card I made:
The card base is a pre-made one from DCWV.  I have a bunch of pre-made card bases, so I think I will be using them quite a bit, trying to use them up.  The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I cut a piece of blue patterned paper, from K&Company, at 5 1/4"x4."  I used a Fiskars cloud punch for my clouds.  They were inked with some broken china Distress Ink by Ranger.  I cut a strip of green cardstock and punched the edge of it with a Fiskars grass edge punch.  I then trimmed off the grass on half it and adhered it down to the card.
 
 
The little dinosaur is the image that I chose to go with from "Animal Antics."  I cut it at 3."  I embossed the light green layer with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Animal Print."  I also added some glossy accents to the mower and his eye.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "Hooray for Birthdays" set.
 
For the inside of the card I cut some black cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  I then cut some white cardstock at 5 1/4"x4."  Here is where I used the sentiment that inspired the rest of the card: "wishing you many mower."  This is also from Scrappy Moms Stamps, this time from the "Quirky Quotes" set.  I thought it was so much fun and this little mowing dino was perfect for it!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute dinomower! Love the embossed skin effect, how clever!

    ReplyDelete