Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Groovy Times - Creation #5

I created a Christmas card for my 5th creation using the "Groovy Times" cartridge.
 
The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4."  The burgundy mat is 4 1/4"x6" and the white mat is 4 1/8"x5 7/8."  The green circle is 3," the green banner is 3"x3/4" and the red banner is 2 1/2"x1/2."
 
I used the "peace" image found on page 50 for the image of this card.  I cut it at 1 1/2".  The two smaller doves are cut smaller, but I don't remember the size.  I used foam tape to adhere the word peace and the dove on the circle.  The dove on the banners is just adhered down, it is also flipped from the regular image.
 
For the inside I matted it with the burgundy and white again, in the same sizes as the outside.  I used a stamp from My Craft Spot's "Joy to the World" stamp set for the sentiment.  It is stamped in pearlescent ivy ink by Tsukineko.  I then matted it with burgundy and green.  I cut two more doves from "Groovy Times" and adhered them around the sentiment.
 
I chose to use much more traditional Christmas colors for this card since the image I used was quite non-traditional.  It is much more of a hippie peace than the typical Christmas one, but I think it works quite well with the red, green, and gold colors.
 
I made this for the following challenges:
365 Cards: "Day 230" - sketch
BBTB2: use a bird image
Christmas Card Challenges: non-traditional Christmas image

10 comments:

  1. Paula, this is such a wonderful Christmas card! I love all the glitzy doves and your card design! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card Paula!! Love it! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Bird' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on using a non-traditional image for your Christmas card! TYFS and playing along with us at Christmas Cards Challenge #38. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Christmas card Paula! I love the cuts you used and I love that it takes me back to the late 60's early 70's! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic christmas card girl :) love your take on the sketch!!! So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo pretty LOVE the good doves!!! soo glad you played along with 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a terrific card, and I love your clever mix of groovy and traditional! Thanks for playing with us at 365, and I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sharp card paula ! i too like the groovy/traditional mix thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the message this card brings ... peace :)
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete