Thursday, January 16, 2014

He Reminds Me of Watson

I made a masculine birthday card today:


The card is 7"x5."  I used the "Birthday Bash" cartridge to create my postage stamp shape, with the help of Cricut Craft Room.  The shape is actually supposed to be square, but I needed it to be a rectangle to fit my image.  I turned off the aspect ration in CCR and sized the card to 7"x10" so that it would be 5" when folded.  The card shape can be found on page 31 of the "Birthday Bash" handbook, it is the card/tag feature.  The embossed glittery layer is the shift function of this image.  I sized it at 6"x4" (making sure the aspect ratio was still off).  It was embossed with the Cuttlebug folder called "Clockwork."


The image is a Tim Holtz stamp.  I bought it just a few days ago, it is part of a set called "Time Travelers."  I pretty much bought this set because the images of the two men on it reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, of the classic Victorian style created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  This particular image is the one that makes me think of Watson.  I stamped it with walnut stain Distress Ink.  The paper was trimmed to 4 5/8"x3."  The shimmery brown layer behind the image is 4 3/4"x3 1/8."  I distressed the edges of all the layers except the card base.  I then inked them all, including the card base, with more walnut stain Distress Ink.  The "HB" sentiment is from the Scrappy Moms Stamps set "Hooray for Birthdays."  It is also stamped in the walnut stain Distress Ink.


For the inside I cut two mats.  The glittery brown one is 6"x4" and the ivory one is 5 3/4"x3 3/4."  I distressed the edges of both mats and inked them with the walnut stain Distress Ink.  The sentiment is form Fiskars.  It was stamped with the walnut stain Distress Ink.

I made this card for the following challenges:
{PIN}spirational Challenges: photo inspiration (below)
Die Cuttin' Divas: use something old (Birthday Bash cartridge) and something new (image stamp)

3 comments:

  1. Cool card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. Love your interpretation of this week {PIN}spirational photo.
    Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool card! I totally love how you created your card base ;) Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete