Thursday, June 05, 2014

Bundles of Joy

I have two cards today, they use the same sketch, same image, and same sentiment; however they are different colors.  One is meant for a baby boy and one is meant for a baby girl.



The cards are 6 1/4"x4 1/2."  I used an ivory colored card stock for the card base.  The green plaid and pink polka dot mats are 6 1/8"x4 3/8."  The bird patterned card stock is 6 1/8"x3 1/2."  The cloudy blue card stock strip is 6 1/8"x1 3/4."  The cloudy blue card stock is from K&Company and the other patterned card stocks are from DCWV, the Nana's Nursery Baby Boy stack and Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack.



The bird/baby images are from "3 Birds on Parade," they are on page 70 of the handbook.  I cut them at 3," but I hid the eyes on both the birds and the baby so that I could give them Peachy Keen faces.  The faces for the babies are from The Cornies Face Assortment and the eyes for the birds are from the Everyday Character Face Parts set.  The bird/baby images are adhered to the card with foam tape.



The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "Special Delivery" set.  I stamped it on an ivory piece of card stock, cut at 2 3/8"x1 3/8."  I matted it with the green plaid and pink polka dot card stocks, cut at 2 1/2"x1 1/2."  I finished off both cards with some enamel dots, green for the boy card and pink for the girl card.

I made this for the current sketch challenge at Peachy Keen.

5 comments:

  1. Your cards are great. I think it is wise to use the same sketch and cut, but change the colors. I like to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! I love that you made two versions! what a time saver too! thanks for joining the PKS Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you!! You are a real inspiration to me. I appreciate that you take the time to provide a complete description (including dimensions) for each piece of each and every card. For a newbie like me, your posts are priceless, as it helps me learn the process of putting a card together. Unfortunately, I have no one locally to craft with, so I rely on people like you to inspire and learn!!

    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so precious! The birds look so cute with their PK eyes and LOVE the colors! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness to the MAX!!!! What sweet baby cards and I love your take on the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Peachy Keen Stamps sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete