Thursday, November 06, 2014

Anniversary Gift Box

My husband's and my anniversary is coming up this month.  Actually it is on Thanksgiving this year.  And it is our 10 year anniversary.  If that isn't enough, since I work retail I will be working all weekend for Black Friday and Saturday, so we really can't even do much to celebrate.  But, I know we will have a nice dinner and spend some quality time together, so it all works out in the end.

I made a gift box for part of his present and here it is:




I used one of the new svgs from My Craft Spot for everything: the box, bow, and tag.  The cut file for the entire thing is called Present Box.  I cut it with the Silhouette, sizing it so the base of the box was the size of the mat, so slightly larger than its default size.



Once the bow was all assembled I put a fabric covered brad through the middle of it.


The dark green tag is 3" tall and the light green one is 2 3/4."  I used stamps from My Craft Spot for the sentiments on the tag.  Both "happy anniversary" and "I love you" are from the Always & Forever stamp set, as is the heart.  I added a brown button brad through the hole in the tag and also a moose brad in the empty space between the sentiments.

I am entering this in the current challenge at My Craft Spot, which is to use metal (brads) on your project.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN!!! What a great gift for a guy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ecstatic to see all of these My Craft Spot goodies on your project! Isn't the box file fantastic?! What a treat it is in and of itself. Your color palette is fabulous and I adore the precious tag! This is perfect for your hubby and I hope you enjoy your special time together when you're able to sneak it in. :o) Happy Anniversary to you! Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box looks fantastic! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete