Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shower Time

A friend of mine from work needs a bridal shower card for tomorrow, so I said I would make her one.  This is what I came up with:



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  The card base is white card stock.  I then cut another piece of white card stock at 4"x3."  I then masked off a piece of the card stock and inked up the rest of it.  I used barn door, victorian velvet, and spun sugar Distress Inks by Tim Holtz to create an ombre background.


The umbrella is from the "Bridal Shower" Cricut cartridge.  It is cut at 2 3/8" tall.  It is just a hair wider than the piece of the card stock I masked off.  The hearts are from the Cricut cartridge "The First Few Years."  It is actually a border, but I hid the contour of everything but the hearts.  I cut them at various sizes from colors of card stock that matched my inks.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the Love Notes set.


For the inside I cut a piece of white card stock at 4 1/4"x3" to use as a mat.  I used another sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps, this one from the Everyday Greetings set.  I also added another red heart for a little color.

I made this for the following challenges:
CASology:  cue word - ombre
The Friday Mashup: umbrellas & polka dots

5 comments:

  1. Paula, I love the ombre pink sky and raining hearts, very clever shower card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card for a bridal shower! The hearts are too cute!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the ombre background and the little hearts. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea for a shower card! Gorgeous inking and I love the trail of hearts! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. Love the separation in color with the umbrella. Thanks for playing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete