Monday, July 20, 2015

It Must Be Wedding Season

It is that time of the year where it seems everyone is getting married.  My cousin is, in August, but I already posted the picture of the card I made for him.  My husband's cousin is getting married at the end of July, but we can't make it out to the wedding since it is in Oregon.  So, I made a card that we can send along with a gift card.



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of ivory card stock.  I cut a purple square at 4."  The music note card stock is 3 7/8" square and I cut the heart out twice, once at 2" and once at 1 3/4."  I got rid of the larger one so the purple would show through.  The smaller one is popped up with foam tape.  The hearts and squares are shapes from Cricut Design Space.  The sentiments are from My Craft Spot, the Happily Ever After set.

This other wedding card was made a while ago, but I just never got around to posting it.  I made it as a commission for a friend of mine who needed a wedding card for her cousin's wedding.  Her only request was a "tie the knot card," literally where a knot is tied when the card is opened. 



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4," when folded.  It is a gate-fold style card.  The wedding dress and tuxedo are from "Sweethearts."  Both are cut at 5."  The wedding dress is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, but I no longer remember which one.  I also added a few pearls to the dress and tux.  I used some baker's twine to create the knot and printed out the sentiment on the computer. 

2 comments:

  1. You are just SO clever, Paula! I love all of the things you make. And I appreciate that you always include the details on how you made them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever knot!
    You make wonderful cards.
    Thanks for all of the details.

    ReplyDelete