Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Garden Fairy

I worked on a home decor project instead of a card today.



I used a 10"x10" basswood canvas and painted its edges brown.  I then cut out my scene and adhered it to the canvas.  The entire scene is from a digital Cricut cartridge called "Dimensional Scenes - Fairy Tales."  I cut it at 10."  I used foam tape on the fairy, some of the grass, and two of the butterflies.  The butterflies are from the "Kate's ABCs" cartridge.  I hid the face on the fairy and used a stamp from Peachy Keen instead.  It is from the Black Eyed Peaches Face Assortment.  I added a little detail with a white gel pen.  I finished this piece off with some enamel dots for the flower centers, Wink of Stella on the butterfly wings, and dark blue Stickles on the blue of the fairy wings.



I made this for the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: things with wings
My Sheri Crafts: create something 3D - with lots of dimension
City Crafter Challenge Blog: fairy tale element
Crazy 4 Challenges: emerald green color
The ABC Challenge Blog: G is for Grand - anything but a card
Pile It On: garden creatures

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent here at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is just so much fun. I love all the layers and cuts. What a good idea to use the stamps for the face so expressive. Thanks for linking up with us over at myshericrafts this week.
    Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! I love all the details and the added butterflies, along with the stamped face. This is a lovely piece of art! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and in my opinion a keepsake! A lovely take on our theme; thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this would be so cute hung on the wall of a child's room. All of the layers and dimensions add so much! Beautiful job. Thank you for joining the fun at ABC Challenge! Please play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scene and dimension! Your fairy is so cute--love the stamped face! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from seeing you won at Fantabulous Cricut Wings Ch. The scene is wonderful. Especially like the sparkle, white dotting with white gel pen & the Fairy's face stamping. Congrats! Have a Bee-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win on the FCCB blog!! DT Karla

    ReplyDelete