Monday, May 02, 2016

Rainbow of Butterflies

I decided to make a card set using a rainbow of colors, one for each card.  I'm just missing yellow, but I don't have a good selection of yellow chalk-type ink, which is what I used for these, so I made do without.  There are still seven in all, so I think missing yellow is probably fine.




The cards are all 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used both dies and stamps from Jaded Blossom to create them.  The white mats are cut using the Card Mat Dies.  I stamped my sentiment, from Love & Kindness, in black ink at the bottom.  I then embossed them with the Cherry Blossom embossing folder by Darice.  The colored scalloped circles are cut using the Scallop Circle Dies and the white circle is from the Stitched Circle Dies.  I used the Butterflies stamp set and stamped the outline in black.  I then used the stamp for the interior part and used three different colors for the wings.  I went from light to dark, each in the color of the card, to get a slight variegated look.  I used chalk-type ink, from Tsukineko, for a softer feel. 








1 comment: