Saturday, July 02, 2016

Patriotic T-Shirts

My brother's wedding is on the Fourth of July.  The day before, they are having their rehearsal dinner and it is a red, white, and blue theme.  I made my husband and I some t-shirts to wear for the fun times: 







I cut the striped United States, using the "Stand and Salute" cartridge, from freezer paper and ironed on the image.  I then painted in the stripes red.  Once they were dry I ironed on the negative of the image and the stripes that had been removed from the image.  I then painted it blue.  Once it was all dry I ironed on the sentiment, which was cut with silver glitter iron-on vinyl.  I used the "Holidays Through the Year Iron-On" cartridge for the sentiment.





I tie-dyed my husband's shirt.  I did the bulls-eye technique where you gather it up in the middle and put your rubber bands or zip ties (which is what I used) where you want them.  You then add the color to each section.  So, in my case the outer section was blue, the next red, the next was left white, then red again, and I did the rest of the shirt in blue.  Once it was all dried and cleaned, I cut a star from the "Hannah Montana" cartridge, sized to fit in my blue circle, from freezer paper and ironed on the negative.  I then painted the star with white fabric paint.  Voila!  Captain America tie dye t-shirt!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome shirts. Wish I had that talent. Have fun at the wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "America the beautiful" shirt and any superhero would love the "Captain America" shirt. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete