Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Halloween Goblet

I love Halloween and I love to decorate for it even more.  I have a whole bunch of decorations, but I am always looking for new ideas.  This is my newest creation that I will put on display this year:

The mug is a cut file from Dreaming Tree.  It is called Irish Coffee Mug, but as you can see I went in a slightly different direction.

Once the mug was put together I created a hexagon with some triangles welded on to each side to act as flaps.  It was sized to fit the top of the mug.  I covered the entire thing in adhesive using my Xyron, I then adhered the flaps to the inside of the mug.  I covered the exposed adhesive of the hexagon in fluorescent green glitter, then covered the whole thing with dimensional magic.  This gives it a nice thick, shiny surface and also helps adhere the hexagon to the mug at the edges.  My aim was to make it look a bit like liquid.  The drippy edges were created with a metal die from Jaded Blossom.  It is part of the Halloween Dies set.  It is also covered in fluorescent green glitter, then covered it glossy accents.

The cut file comes with a shamrock to adhere to one of the panels.  I made my own thing to put on one of the panels.  I used a spider web from "Chic & Scary" and a skull from "Over the Hill", both are Cricut cartridges.  I inked up the edges of the skull and crossbones with antique linen Distress Ink and it is adhered with foam tape for dimension.  I then covered it in crackle accents.  The banner and its sentiment are from Jaded Blossom.  The banner is part of the Dimensional Banner Dies and the sentiment is from Halloween Signs.  The banner is also adhered with foam tape in the middle, and glue dots at the edge, I then curled the ends of the banner around.

I made a little 3D spider to hang from the handle of my goblet.  He is from the "Pumpkin Carving" Cricut cartridge.  I cut it six times and folded each piece in half, then adhered them together to make it round-ish.  He is hung from the handle by a piece of black thread.  I finished off the goblet with some bling.  I put large purple bling on the base, where the shamrocks would be if I had not hid them.  I also put some dark grey bling on the curls of the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment