Saturday, September 10, 2016

Fall is in the Air

How about a taste of fall for you today?



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of shimmery dark brown card stock.  The orange mat is 4 5/8"x3 3/8."  The plaid mat is 4 1/2"x3 1/4."  I created the plaid mat using some Distress Inks and a Tim Holtz stencil called Stripes.  I covered a piece of white card stock with wild honey Distress Ink.  I then layered the stencil vertically on the card stock and inked it up with rusty hinge Distress Ink.  Finally, I layered the stencil on horizontally and inked it with aged mahogany Distress Ink. 


The circular sentiment and acorn are both from Jaded Blossom, the new Happy Fall set.  I paper-pieced the acorn, added a little detail with Distress Markers, then adhered it with foam tape.  The ivory circle was cut with one of the Stitched Circle Dies and the shimmery orange scallop circle was cut with the Scallop Circle Dies.  I used foam tape to adhere the circle as well.  The band in the background is 1/2"x3 3/8."



The orange mat here is the same as the orange mat on the card front, 4 5/8"x3 3/8."  The sentiment is also from Happy Fall.  I heat embossed it with a burgundy embossing powder, then cut it out using one of the dies from Scallop Rectangle Dies 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment