Thursday, November 24, 2016

Bees & Honey

My anniversary is on Sunday, so I made this card to give to my husband.


The card base was created using the "Spring Fling" Cricut cartridge.  The darker yellow mat, behind the hexagonal cut-outs is covered in mustard seed Distress Glitter.  I created the black border by cutting a rectangle at 5 1/2"x4 1/4," and then used the Card Mat Dies from Jaded Blossom to cut out the middle, leaving a small border.



The adorable bee bear is from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  It is part of the Busy Bee Bears cut set.  I added glossy accents to the eyes, nose, and honey.  The heart has fruit punch Stickles on it and the center of the flower has yellow Stickles on it.  I also doodled veins on the wings.



The sentiments are stamped on banners from the Mini Tag Dies 2 set.  The sentiments are from the We Go Together Like 2 stamp set.  The word "honey" on the pot was stamped using part of a sentiment from the Honey Bunny stamp set.  All stamps were from Jaded Blossom.


I used a lot of dies from Jaded Blossom to create the inside of the card.  The black mats and white mat are all from the Card Mat Dies.  I used two different sizes of the Stitched Circle Dies to create my bee.  The wings were created by cutting one of the circles in half.  I used the Snowman Dies for the eyes, then used a black marker to put in the pupils.  I created the stripes by just cutting small strips of yellow and trimming them to fit the circle.  The sentiment is from the You Go Together Like (add on) stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment