Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Log Cabin Card

My sister-in-law's birthday is coming up and my husband asked me to make her a card.  I said I would, but he had to decide what he wanted for a theme for it.  He said it should have a log cabin and a dog sitting on the porch.  I decided to make it into a log cabin shaped card.



The card base is made from a cut file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  It is part of the Woodsy Winter set.  I pieced the base together, then cut off the part that looked like snow since I didn't want to make this winter-themed.  I did a lot of inking on this card.  I used tea dye Distress Ink on the logs, ground espresso Distress Ink on the dark brown planks of the door and porch, iced spruce Distress Ink on the trees, and weathered wood Distress Ink on the chimney stones.  I added some crackle accents to the chimney and glossy accents to the windows.  I also used foam tape on the bottoms of each layer of trees for dimension.  I used a metallic brown brad for the door handle and finished off the base of the card with some doodling on the logs to make them look a little more realistic.



The dog is from SVG Cutting Files.  It is part of the Silly Dogs cut set.  I used wild honey Distress Ink on its ears and tail and mustard seed Distress Ink on the rest of the body.  I adhered it with foam tape by the door to make it seem like it was waiting to come inside.  I also put a little bone on the stoop with the dog.  The bone is from the Cricut cartridge Home Organization.  I tied a red twine bow around the bone to make it into a little present.


I used Jaded Blossom products for the inside of the card.  The mat is made from the Scallop Rectangle Dies 1 and Rectangle Dies 1.  I used a paw print stamp from Kitty Kitty and a sentiment from Dog-gone Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment