Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Campin' Critters Eagle

This card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used white cardstock for the base, then cut some red cardstock 1/8" smaller and some blue star patterned paper 1/8" smaller than the red and adhered them all together. The flag is cut from Graphically Speaking at 3 1/2" using the real dial size feature. I cut out the white layer regularly, then cut two flags using the blackout feature (one in red and one in blue). I trimmed the blue flag so that it was just the square, adhered it over the red layer and put it all together. I then used some star dust Stickles on the white layer of the flag for some glimmer. The eagle is cut from Campin' Critters at 3." I flocked his head (the white layer) and used crackle accents on his feet and glossy accents on his beak. I used my Gypsy to cut his sash so that I could hide all the circle cuts within it. I added some red, white and blue bling on his sash instead.

I made this card for the challenge at My Sheri Crafts, which is to create a project with any kind of flag on it.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card Paula! Love how you used stickles on the flag and flocking on the eagle! Great details!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile! LOVE IT! Nice work! Thanks for joining us this week :-)

    ReplyDelete