Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pretty as a Peacock

This card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a dark purple cardstock for the card base, then cut some white cardstock 1/8" smaller. I used a glittery teal cardstock for the larger rectangle, which is cut at 4 1/16"x2 7/8." The two smaller rectangles are 2 7/8"x2" and one is the same dark purple cardstock as the card base, the other is a light teal carsdtock. I embossed all three rectangles with my Cuttlebug. The largest one was embossed using D'vine Swirls and the other two smaller ones were embossed with Polka Dots. I used Elegant Edges for both mats. I used the oblong feature and cut both the shadow and regular mat at 4." I turned them sideways and stamped my image on the white mat. I used my Zig markers to color it in, then added some blue gems to the peacock's tail and some grape Stickles to its crest. I used some teal ribbon to tie a bow and added it to the corner of the mat. I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms for my sentiment. I adhered the mats to the card with some pop-dots for some dimension.
I also finished the inside of this card as well. I cut some light teal cardstock at 4 1/4"x6," and some white cardstock at 4"x5 3/4." I used a peacock feather stamp and colored it in, again with Zig markers. I used a combination of My Craft Spot and Fiskars stamps for the sentiment.
I made this for the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful card, Paula!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully colored image! I love the bling on the peacock's tail and the embossed texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete