Thursday, July 12, 2012

With This Ring

I used the sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches for the next layout in my friends' wedding album. I had already created this layout once, it was actually the first one I made for the album, but as I started working on the rest of the album the original layout just didn't work. So, I took this opportunity to remake it. The original layout can be seen here. Here is my new and improved layout, in my opinion at least. :)
I used the same photos and font. I also used the hibiscus, although in a different color. It is again a 12"x12" double layout and I used the sketch to create a double layout with it. The largest photo is 4"x6" and double matted with a shimmery coral cardstock and a glittery white cardstock. The two smallest photos are 2"x2," the larger hibiscus photo is 3 1/2"x4 1/2" and the two shell photos are 3 1/2"x5." All these photos are matted with the shimmery coral cardstock. I used foam adhesive to adhere the two smaller hibiscus photos. I used Cricut American Alphabet for the title. I used foam adhesive to adhere the word "ring" as well. I used French Manor to cut the circular rings. I then placed them around the photos in a circle. By doing this for both of the pages it looks like the top of heart. I added a set of wedding rings on the right-hand page. I cut those from Everday Pop-Up Cards. I also cut a hibiscus from Life is a Beach and added that to the left-hand page with foam adhesive. I added diamond Stickles to the word "ring" and to the diamond in the wedding ring. I also added glossy accents to the teal rings and to the bands of the wedding rings. It is a pretty simple one, but I really love the effect of it all. I like this one much better than the old layout. :) Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!!! Love what you did with the circles!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too, Paula. Those rings give it such a neat look and love the glossy accents on them. Great job!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love your awesome take on the sketch!thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project! So glad to have you joining us again at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout. Love the colors and the sketch is great, yur circles all look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these photo's Paula, the rings and the Hibiscus (a beautiful flower). I take it it was a beach wedding... Great play on the rings around the photo's, and the glossy accents really makes them shine. Thanks for joining us at SOUS... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a cool layout :) Thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete