Thursday, November 01, 2012

Jungle Layout

Another 8"x8" layout for the companion album to my friends' wedding album.  I used some patterned paper from the Anthology stack by Colorbok for the background.  The photo is 3 1/2"x5."  I matted it with some tan paper cut at 3 3/4"x5 1/4."  I then cut some green patterned paper at 4"x6" and some dark brown cardstock at 4 1/4"x6 1/4."  I cut some more green patterned paper at 4"x6" and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Geometric Rings embossing folder.  I then inked that with peeled paint Distress Ink.  I matted it with some dark brown cardstock cut at 4 1/4"x6 1/4."  I used Life is a Beach for the long leaf in the lower left corner and the large wide palm leaf in the upper right corner.  I also used Life is a Beach for the plumeria flower in the lower left corner.  I used Cricut Essentials for the two larger flowers in the upper right corner and the two long leaf branches in the upper right corner.  The two smaller flowers are the cut-outs from the middle of the larger two flowers.  I covered one of the branches in verdelite glitter by Martha Stewart.  The other two branches were covered in lime green Stickles.  I also added some tattered rose Stickles to the plumeria flower and some dried marigold Stickles to the two larger flowers.

 
I used the layout sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches for this layout.

9 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the glitter and flowers! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch! I love all the sparkly accents! Thanks so much for sharing it at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the glitter! Gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so elegant....beatufiul work. Thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice layout Paula. Love the embossing and the glittery leaves - simple and elegant. Thanks for joining us again at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on our sketch..
    thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over as S.O.U.S
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great details!Thanks so much for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete