Thursday, September 12, 2013

Campin' Critters - Creation #9

I made something a little different for today's creation using "Campin' Critters."  I have been making pretty much just cards, aside from the clock, with this cartridge and thought it was time for something new.  So I finally started making the pages for my paddle log which I actually started quite a while ago.  You can see that post here.
 
 
The first place my husband and I kayaked, with our own kayaks (not rented or borrowed), was a place called Boulder Lake.  It is near Island Lake, just outside of Duluth, MN.  We stayed a campground on the lake and one morning took out the kayaks.  It was after paddling here that I decided I should make a book logging all the places we paddled so that we could decide if we would ever want to go back.
 
For these pages, I covered them with some watery patterned paper from a K&Company stack called Happy Trails.  My pictures are all matted with some shimmery blue cardstock.  The title is a font I downloaded and printed and then cut with a banner using my Silhouette.
 
I used the paddling skunk from "Campin' Critters," he is found on page 48 of the handbook.  I cut him at 3."  I covered the yellow part of the boat with glossy accents and gave my little guy some google eyes.  The rocks are from "Dino Play," a lite cartridge.  I cut the stack of three rocks at 1 1/2."  The larger rock in the background is cut at 2 1/2."  It is actually supposed to say "you rock" on it, but I hid all the contours using Cricut Craft Room.  I inked around the edges of the lighter colored rocks with weathered wood Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  The set of three rocks are adhered to the page with foam tape and the smallest of those three rocks is also adhered with foam tape.
 


I attached two of my pictures with washi tape so that you could lift them up.  I then adhered two smaller pictures beneath them.  This way I was able to put five pictures on these two pages, which are about 6 5/8"x10."

No comments:

Post a Comment