Monday, September 30, 2013

Create a Critter 2 - Creation #1

I may not be showcasing the "Mini Monsters" cartridge anymore, but I just couldn't get monsters off the brain apparently.  This cute little guy comes from the "Create a Critter 2" cartridge.  If you liked the first "Create a Critter" cartridge then you will love the second one.  This one has all those adorable little critters, but this time geared more towards holidays.  This monster is with all the other Halloween critters, but I made it work for a birthday.

The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used dark brown card stock for the card base.  The monster patterned paper is from the DCWV Prints for a Year Ultimate Stack.  It is cut at 5 1/4"x4."  I created the mats with the Labels Two die by Spellbinders.  I cut one with the dark brown card stock and the next size smaller out of white card stock.  I then embossed the white label with the Dot Background embossing folder by Darice.



The monster can be found on page 61 of the "Create a Critter 2" cartridge.  It was cut at 2 1/2" from a yellow polka dot card stock from the Lemon Flower Stack by DCWV.  I wrapped his hat with twine and gave it a little bow.  I also gave him some googly eyes and colored in his mouth with a clear gel pen.  I adhered him with foam tape, using two pieces on his hat.  I then finished off the front of the card by tracing around the hat and the brown label with a shimmery brown gel pen.


I left the outside plain and finished the inside, which is where I put my sentiment.  I cut another piece of the yellow polka dot card stock at 5 1/4"x4."  I then cut some dark brown card stock at 4 1/4"x3" and some white card stock at 4 1/8"x2 7/8."  The sentiment is actually two separate stamps that I used to create my own unique sentiment.  Both of the stamps are from My Pink Stamper and they are stamped in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.  Since the sentiment isn't actually that specific it would work well for a birthday, but could also work for Halloween or just for fun.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
365 Cards: "Day 273" - Must Have (I had to have the "Create a Critter 2" cartridge when it first came out because I loved the first one so much and knew this one would be just as fun)
Fantabulous Cricut: fall colors (brown, red, yellow)
Die Cuttin' Divas: fall colors

5 comments:

  1. Super little monster card, I like the fall twist you put on these guys! Thanks for joining FCCB's fall is in the air challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards! He truly is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card!

    thanks for joining us at FCCB this week

    dt member Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great Halloween fall card. Thansk for joinin in at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your monster. Thanks for linking up to FCCB this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete