Sunday, September 08, 2013

Silhoutte Sunday - Halloween Candy Apple

For this week's Silhouette Sunday I made another Halloween card, this one featuring a candy apple.  But, not just ANY candy apple...a poison candy apple!


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made from a bright green cardstock.  I cut a piece of shimmery black cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  I ran it through my Cuttlebug in a Darice embossing folder called "Spider Web Frame."  I covered the spider with some black diamond Stickles.

The image is from the Silhouette store.  It is called "poison apple" by Megan Hardy Designs (#33257).  I cut the apple from green and the candy (or caramel) coating from a shimmery orange.  Once it was all adhered I covered the coating in glossy accents to make it even more realistic.


The sentiments are from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  Both are from the "A Haunting We Will Go" set.  The sentiment on the front is heat embossed with some bright green embossing powder.  The spider stamp on the inside is from My Craft Spot, the "Stampin' Around Fall" set.
I am entering this in the current CASology challenge.  The current cue word is "apple."

4 comments:

  1. I guess there is a scare in the air. Your card is amazingly scary - in a good way. I love the caramel. Very gooey looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun, unique and yummy take on the cue word!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one scary caramel apple. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love that your apple is not so sweet! Love the shine on the caramel, too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete