Thursday, February 06, 2014

Ballerinas

These cards were made at the request of my cousin's wife.  Their daughter just started ballet and she wants to have a little get-together for the girls in the class as a kind of get to know you...thing.  So, she requested some invites with ballerinas on them.  This is what I came up with:

I made 15 total, five of each dancer.




The cards are 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made from white card stock.  I then cut some blue, purple, and pink polka dot paper for the background at 5 1/4"x4."  The mat the ballerinas are on is from "Elegant Edges."  It is on page 36 and I cut it at 5," using the oblong (shift) and shadow (shift) features.  I embossed the white piece with an embossing folder from Darice called, Dot Background.  The ballerinas are all from "Twinkle Toes."  They are the first, second, and fifth dancers found in the booklet.  I cut them at 4."  I added some Stickles to all the cards, glossy accents to their eyes and I also flocked their hair.

2 comments: