Thursday, August 14, 2014

Luau Oalf

My cousin usually asks me to make invitations and decorations for her daughter's birthday.  This year they didn't start planning it until it was too late to ask me to make anything.  So, she ordered the invitations from online and same with the decorations.  However, she did ask for my help in getting them put together since I have more experience with it.  So, here we go:










The party theme is a luau, but it features Olaf, the snowman from the Disney movie "Frozen."  This is the happy birthday banner I put together.  I cut out all the pieces, then punched holes in the corners and strung them with green ribbon.  


I had two of the Olaf pieces so I figured I would use them at either end.  That meant I needed something to put in between the words.  I used "Elegant Edges" to cut the shape and I used my Silhouette to cut the tiki.  The label image can be found on page 21 and it was cut at 7 1/2."  I edged it with icicle Stickles and added a couple of dark pink glitter gems.  The tiki is from the Silhouette Store and is called "Tiki" and is by Sarah Bailey (#10202).  It was cut at 6."


She also requested a cake topper and instead of using the same Olaf image I created my own from a few different cut files.


I used a cut file from PPbN Designs for the actual Olaf cut, it is called "Happy Magic Snowman."  He is cut at about 7 1/2."  I used the lei from the tiki that you saw earlier.  The grass skirt and sunglasses are both from the Silhouette Store.  The grass skirt is from a set called "Hula Costume" and is by Silhouette (#1694).  The sunglasses are a cut file called "Sunglasses" and are by Sarah Bailey (#44999).  Everything was sized to fit Olaf.  I cut everything twice, one of those on flipped, then adhered it all together and to a popsicle stick for my cousin to stick in the cake.






No comments:

Post a Comment