Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gates to a Winter Wonderland

I have a simple, but pretty Christmas card for you today. 

This one is 4 1/2"x6 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the base, then cut some snowflake patterned cardstock at 4 1/4"x6."  I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I thought it helped with the "snowy" feeling.  I used Spring Cottage to cut the fence and arbor.  It was cut at 4."  I used Create a Critter for the string of lights.  They are cut at 3/4."  Finally, I used Christmas to cut the mistletoe.  It was cut at 1."  I adhered the fence to the card with foam adhesive.  I added the strings of lights to each side of the fence and covered the string part with glossy accents.  I added waterfall, star dust, and starry night Stickles to my lights to make them twinkle.  I used white pearls for the berries on the mistletoe.  I stamped my sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and trimmed it to fit.  I adhered it to the card with two shimmery blue eyelets.  That's all there is to it! 

I made this for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! Love it! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! The fence, arbor, and mistletoe look wonderful and make such a pretty scene together. Love the eyelets on both sides of your sentiment too! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning! LOVE your scene--so festive! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!Pretty!and Love it!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness this is really wonderful!! Love the string of lights across the fence and the mistletoe at the top - very creative! And of course can't miss the eyelets on the sentiment - perfect for our eyelet embellishment challenge this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and a great way to use eyelets - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card, such a great scene - adore the string of lights, what a perfect touch! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really fab card, you have created a lovely Christmas scene. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should enter this in Monday's challenge too (think: falling snow), great idea with the embossing folder. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!!!! this is sooo pretty!!!! LOVE your added lights!!! thanks soooo much for joining us at 365 Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl you have done it yet again!!!!! beautiful card and take on the sketch :)
    so glad you joined us on 365 cards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous take on the sketch...love the fence and those bulbs ..
    Thanks for joining us over at a365 cards

    ReplyDelete