Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Perfect Sentiments: "Falling For You"

Time for another challenge at The Perfect Sentiment!
This week's challenge is "Falling for You."
The challenge: create a card with a fall or Thanksgiving sentiment.
The twist: use some baker's twine.
Here is the card I created:
My card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used a dark red cardstock for the card base. I then trimmed some striped cardstock 1/8" smaller. The striped cardstock is from the Indian Summer Stack by DCWV. The cream and gilded layer is 1/4" smaller than the striped layer. The gilded cardstock came from the Gilded Orchard Stack by DCWV. The pumpkin is cut from Sophie at 3 1/2." I embossed the orange layer with the Distress Stripes folder and my Cuttlebug. The red layer is covered in burgundy Stickles. I tied three pieces of baker's twine in a bow and used a glue dot to adhere it to the pumpkin. I adhered the pumpkin to the card with pop-dots. My sentiment is stamped on cream cardstock and matted with some gilded cardstock. I adhered it to the card, then added a pale burgundy pearl on each side.
I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope you come join us a The Perfect Sentiment. I can't wait to see what you create!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the paper and the embossing!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially like the embossing & flourish on the pumpkin. Enjoying being Sept Guest Designer for Perfect Sentiments. You can enter this card in Mark's Finest Paper's (MFP) Speedy TV Ch#11 Autumn/Fall that I host. If you're not a member, membership is free & please let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Sept Perfect Sentiments Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pumpkin! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I just love the sparkle on that pumpkin! Great card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love the sparkly pumpkin. Great job and I love all the papers that you used.

    ReplyDelete