Friday, December 07, 2012

Floral Birthday

I have another birthday card today.  This one is for my mother-in-law.  Her birthday is coming up soon, and when I asked my husband what her card should look like or have on it, he just said, "flowers."  So, this is what I came up with:
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used ivory cardstock for the card base, then cut some coral cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some mint green cardstock at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  I ran the mint green cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I cut a strip of floral cardstock at 4 1/4"x1 1/2," some more mint green cardstock at 4 1/4"x1 5/8," and some coral cardstock at 4 1/4"x1 3/4."  I adhered those three stips together and adhered that to the left side of the card.  I used Bloom to cut my floral frame.  It is cut at 3."  I placed some ivory cardstock behind the opening in the frame, then stamped it with the sentiment.  I used pop-dots to adhere the leaves and flowers to the frame and then used some more pop-dots to adhere the frame to the card.  I finished off the card with some large yellow gems for the centers of the flowers, because it just had to have a little bling!  Simple, but quite pretty.  Enjoy!
I made this for the challenge at The Friday Mashup, which is to follow the sketch and use some bling.

6 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch! Those papers are very pretty! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you turned the sketch sideways! I really like the soft palette you used.Your mother-in-law will love this card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Those colors look great together, your MIL is sure to love this card!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on this crazy sketch of mine! Love that you turned it! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Friday Mash Up!

    ReplyDelete