Saturday, September 06, 2014

Rock On!

I got a request from a friend of mine at work for a 50th birthday card.  I made two, like I usually do, to give her something to choose from.  The only specifics from her were that it have something to do with rock, since the recipient apparently is into hard rock music, and have the color black.  Here are the two cards I made for her to pick from:




The first is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the base, then cut a black mat at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and the chevron mat at 5 1/4"x4."  I cut a strip of foiled red card stock at 5 1/4"x1 1/4" and adhered it across the middle.  The mat was cut using "Elegant Edges."  I used the cut found on page 25, and cut both the shadow and regular (shift) images at 3 1/2."  I used a sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the Mini Messages set, and curved it to fit in the corner of the mat.

The girl is from the "Rock Princess" cartridge.  She can be found on page 34 of the handbook.  I cut her at 3 1/2."  Her hair is flocked and I covered the guitar in red glitter.  I then covered the glitter in glossy accents, I also covered her boots in glossy accents.  It wasn't until she was all pieced together that I realized she looked a little "Anime" with the black hair and big eyes, but I think it still works.

The second card I made is very similar to the first.  It is just a different size and has a different image, I also used glittery black card stock in stead of plain black for my matting.  This card is 8"x4."  The card base is made of white card stock, the black mat 7 7/8"x3 7/8," and the chevron mat is 7 3/4"x3 3/4."  The foiled red strip is 3 3/4"x1 1/4," and is adhered across the middle.  I used the same shape from "Elegant Edges" for the mat, I just elongated it, making sure to turn off the aspect ratio.  It is 7"x3 1/2."  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, the Sentiment Sampler set.

This girl is also from "Rock Princess," this one can be found on page 30.  I cut her at 6."  I flocked her hair and covered the guitar in red glitter.  I then covered the glitter and her boots in glossy accents.

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are wonderful, Paula. I wouldn't know which to chose! TFS

    ReplyDelete