Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Butterfly Fairy

Today 365 Cards is challenging you to an "Opposites Attract" challenge. Make a card using 2 main colors, one that you love to use and one that you hate to use, or don't use a whole lot. One of the colors I use a lot for projects is blue and I rarely use orange, so I used those two colors on this card. Not to mention that blue and orange really are opposites on the color wheel. I used this week's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout of the card.
I used a digi image from Stitchy Bear Stamps. I colored it using Prismacolor pencils. I made the card 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used scalloped circle punches by Fiskars and an EK Success punch for the butterfly. I punched the butterfly first and then centered it in the smaller scalloped circle. I left a sentiment off so that it could be used for just about anything, just tailor the inside message.

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the 3d butterflies - they look great! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool - I wouldn't ever have put those two colors with a fairy, but you did well !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little butterfly fairy! You colored her wonderfully. How'd you get that texture on the dress? I use prisma's too but that is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You made the colors work very well together.

    ReplyDelete