Friday, July 01, 2011

Card Creations & More Challenge #13

There is a new format for the challenges at Card Creations & More by C. Now there will be three challenges a month. All three challenges will be posted on the first of the month. You will have the rest of the month, or three weeks, to participate in one, two or all three challenges.
This is challenge #13: to use the Doodlecharms cartridge. I love the cute little images on this cartridge. I chose to use the little bug. I created a thank you note gift set. The cards are all 4"x4." I used four different colors of cardstock for the card base, then cut some white cardstock 1/4" smaller and embossed it with the Spots & Dots folder. The bug is cut at 3 1/2." I added some google eyes and Stickles to them for some character. The leaf is cut from Accent Essentials at 2." I used the shadow feature and the four colors of cardstock again, and the regular feature with white cardstock. I stamped my "thank you" sentiment in a matching ink, all by Tsukineko. The sentiment is from Fiskars. I also created matching envelopes. I gave them liners with the colored cardstock and matching leaves on the front. The leaves are cut at 1 1/2" and embossed with the Spots & Dots folder again.Well, that is my project for challenge #13, I can't wait to see what you come up with for Doodlecharms. Head on over to Card Creations & More by C to participate!





















































2 comments:

  1. That is just too cute. Never have seen a project done with that emboss folder before. I know plenty of us have it (inc me!) but never crank it out! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so neat and nicely done, Paula. And the matching envelopes make it all look so professional You should sell this set! I have an Etsy site, but haven't put anything out there. Have you ever tried it? Very cute!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete