Friday, July 01, 2011

Card Creations & More Challenge #14

Challenge #14 at Card Creations & More by C is to create a home decor item. I made a wall plaque for my friend's son. They are big Twins and Vikings fans. I got a wood plaque and painted it a navy blue. I then use Sans Serif and Sports Mania for the font. I welded baseballs to the letters with my Gypsy. I cut them out of a red cardstock, white for the baseballs, and used a marker to added the red stitching. These are the Twins colors. I then created my own Vikings helmet. The helmet came from Sports Mania, I cut it out of the white and purple cardstock. For the horn I manipulated the yin-yang symbol on my Gypsy until it looked like the Vikings horn. I cut it out of yellow and white cardstock, layering them on the helmet so they looked right. I also cut out the soccer ball, baseball, basketball and football from Sports Mania. Once I had everything on the plaque I put some glossy Mod Podge over the top to seal it and give it a shine. My father-in-law cut a keyhole in the back so they could hang it up. It was a BIG hit!




















Now it is your turn to come up with a home decor item. Head on over to Card Creations & More to link up your project. I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

1 comment: