Sunday, January 22, 2012

365 Cards Guest Designer: Week 2

This is my second week being a guest designer for 365 Cards. This is this week's sketch, and below is my take on the sketch.

I made a 4 1/4"x5 1/2" card, using dark red cardstock. I cut some glittery black cardstock 1/4" smaller, then embossed it with the Diamond Plate embossing folder and my Cuttlebug, although it doesn't show well in the photos. I adhered it down and added four silver brads to the corners. I used Indie Art to cut the shadow version of the heart out of the dark red cardstock. It is cut at 3 1/2." I then added some silver craft metal across the card. I cut some glittery black cardstock using the shadow heart again, this time cut at 3." I cut the regular heart with the dark red cardstock, again at 3." I pop-dotted the 3" hearts and covered the red one in crackle accents.

5 comments:

  1. WOW such an amazingly detailed heart-- a perfect valentine project Paula!
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Did the glittery cardstock cut well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the intense colors you used with the image. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glitter paper does cut well. I just use the multi-cut function and cut it twice, with a pressure of 4 of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing heart shape card Its perfectly designed only for lovers,The color you can use in here has a pretty impact to all the viewers.....


    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic card

    ReplyDelete