The couple in the photo are two of my closest friends. They had a destination wedding in Belize (if you couldn't guess) in June and my husband and I were able to go down and share their special day with them. Well, now I am working on the scrapbook of their wedding. It is a slow process since I am way more of a card maker, but I also love to do layouts, so it is enjoyable when I do work on one of the pages for the scrapbook. I have already gotten a couple of two-page layouts done for them. This is my most recent one and will be the first page. I was inspired to do this one when I saw the current sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches, and I will be entering this layout for the challenge.
It is 12"x12" and I used a glittery teal cardstock for the base of the page. I covered it with 2"x2" squares. There are five colors/patterns. I used a shimmery coral cardstock, an ivory cardstock, a beachy striped cardstock, a sand patterned cardstock and a lacy floral patterned cardstock. Since it is a wedding I want there to be some formal elements to the pages, but it was a destination beach wedding, so it also has to be fun. The solid colored cardstocks (shimmery coral, glittery teal and ivory) are all from the Mediterranean Stack by DCWV. The striped and sand patterned cardstocks are from the Tahiti Beach Stack and the lacy floral cardstock is from the Formal Affair Stack, both are by DCWV. The photo is 5"x7" and is matted with the ivory and shimmery coral cardstocks. Both mats are 1/8" larger than the previous layer. I used my Gypsy and Don Juan to create the title. Both the font and the swirl are from the Don Juan cartridge. I welded the shadow font and the swirl together and cut them from the glittery teal cardstock. I then cut the regular font from the shimmery coral cardstock. The title is adhered down and I added glossy accents to the coral part of the title. I also handwrote in the date, following the curve of the swirl. The largest white flower is cut using Mother's Day Boquet. I cut the largest flower at 3," the next one at 2 1/2," the next smaller one at 2" and the final flower at 1 1/2." I embossed them all with the Victoria embossing folder, sprayed them with shimmer mist, then attached them together with a teal pearl brad. I curled the petals of the bottom two layers under and curled the top two up. The flower is adhered with three pop-dots. The rest of the flowers are all Prima flowers that I sprayed with bahama blue and coral reef Glimmer Mist, by Tattered Angels. I put two or three of them together, using either teal or white pearl brads to attach them. They are adhered either with glue dots or pop-dots.