Monday, May 19, 2014

Guest Designer at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog

This week I have been asked to be a guest designer at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.  I have been asked to design something for this week's challenge, which is "May Flowers."  So, create something with flowers.  Here is my card:


I made it for Mother's Day, and gave it to my mother-in-law, who happens to be a gardener.



I used Cricut Craft Room to create this card.  I welded two shapes from the "Elegant Edges" cartridge to create my card base.  The shape I used can be found on page 27 of the hand book.  I cut it all at 5," the pale shimmery purple is the shadow feature, and what is welded to create the base.  The dark purple is the basic layer on shift and the glittery white is the basic layer.


The pansy is from "Art Nouveau" and can be found on page 31 of the handbook.  I cut it at 4" and it fit perfectly inside the white circle of the card base.  I adhered the base to the card with foam tape.  I also adhered part of the flower's layers with foam tape.  The yellow layer and the dark purple layer were adhered with foam tape, for some added dimension.


I finished off the inside of this card as well.  I cut the dark purple and white layers again, still at 5."  I then cut the pansy again, this time at 2."  I only cut the full flower, not the stem or buds.  This flower was adhered down, no foam tape.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot, the "Happy Easter" set.  I stamped it in dusty concord Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.

I hope you decide to join in with Fantabulous Cricut's "May Flowers" challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I love the purple in the flower. So glad you could join us as a guest designer at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the intricate details of this cut, and the inside is so pretty! So glad you could Guest Design for us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And I have this cart! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete