Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Under the Sea

This one is for a couple of challenges that I think work really well together. One is the Paper Playtime, where the theme is "bubbles." And the other is Cupcake Inspirations, where you use the pictured cupcakes as your inspiration. This time they are cupcakes with mermaids, starfish and sea turtles. I used the mermaid from Life is a Beach and used the Cuttlebug on her fins. I also took the colors from the cupcakes for the colors of her. The fish and bubble border is also from Life is a Beach, using the border feature. I used Waterfall Stickles on the bubbles and blue flat-backed pearls on the eyes of the fish. The seaweed comes from both Life is a Beach and Splish Splash. The bubble being lifted by the mermaid is from Splish Splash. I used the Cuttlebug on the background as well. I love how it all turned out, makes me feel like going for a swim. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable. What a great card and a great way to create scales on the mermaid's tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet mermaid! Thanks so much for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fantastic! Love the shimmery paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the mermaid and bubbles! Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter wanted to be a mermaid when she was younger...she ate fish sticks everyday for quite some time because she thought that is what mermaids ate. : ) I love the embossing folder you used for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! I love that mermaid. Thanks for joining Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete