Wednesday, July 07, 2010

With Love


I made this card for a couple of challenges, one is the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and the other is Cardabilities. The Cuttlebug Challenge is to create a craft incorporating lace or doilies, and the Cardabilities challenge was to follow their sketch. So this card is my interpretation of both of those. When I saw the lace/doily challenge I knew I wanted to do a black, white, and silver card and make it look elegant. I used my Martha Stewart punches to create the border of the white paper and then I used my Cuttlebug to emboss it. I cut out the circular doily from Storybook and then flocked it (which doesn't show up in the photo very well). I placed a piece of silver paper on my black card and then layered all my pieces on top. Finally I cut the tag and the "With Love" from Sentimentals, then embossed them, and used foam adhesive to attach it so that it was popped up. I really like how it all turned out. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Paula your card is `stunningly beautiful`
    Thankyou for joining in with the cuttlebug challenges,always a pleasure

    terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing in our CB challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula Bee, this is a beauty! I just love the way you embossed the panels in the center of the card! The flocked doily is beautiful. Silver on black has always been a favorite elegant look. This will be a treasured card to the receiver, for sure! Thanks for being part of the Cuttlebug Challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon!
    BettyBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Paula love how you used your punches and embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at Cuttlebug Challenge hope to see you this week also.

    ReplyDelete