HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!
This is a 5"x5" card made with purple cardstock. I cut a piece of green polka dotted paper 1/4" smaller and mounted it on the card base. I then cut three strips of the green/purple patterned cardstock 4 3/4" long and one of them at 2" wide and the other two at 1 1/8." I mounted them to the green paper with 1/4" between the top and bottom and each other. I cut two sqares at 1 1/8" and then cut them in half to form four triangles. I then used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to emboss them. I inked them lightly with spring pansy ink by Tsukineko and adhered them to the corners. I cut a piece of purple cardstock at 3 1/4" square and also embossed it with Swiss Dots and inked it. I adhered it in the middle of the card. I cut some cream cardstock at 3" square and inked the edges of it with peach pastel ink by ColorBox. I then used the "Mom Words" stampe by Stampendous on it, using pearlescent beige ink by Tsukineko. I covered it with some vellum and stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment, which is by My Pink Stamper, in purple hydrangea ink by Tsukineko on top of the vellum. I cut the orchid from Tie the Knot at 1 1/2." I used the blackout feature for the dark green and dark purple, then the regular feature for the lighter green and lighter purple. I used two different sized pop-dots to adhere the flower and leaves to the card.
- Paper Playtime: Challenge #1 - green & purple
- My Creative Time: Throwback Thursday - older cartridge & use green
- Jitterbuggin': sketch & use green
- Die Cuttin' Divas: "Unused & Unloved" - use a never used or rarely used cartridge and a cut you have never used (I rarely use Tie the Knot and have never used the orchid cut before)
- Crafty Creations: Mother's Day
- 365 Cards: Ad Inspired (I loved the greens, the clean lines and the plant in the background)