Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Piglet

This is a 5"x5" card. I used a dark purple cardstock for the base. I trimmed a piece of glittery patterned cardstock at 4 3/4"x4 3/4" and piece of white glitter cardstock at 4" square. I adhered the white square to the floral one and wrapped a patterned ribbon around it. I then tied a piece of purple ribbon around the patterned one. Piglet is cut from Pooh & Friends at 4." The flowers are also from Pooh & Friends, they are the icon feature of the Tigger face. I cut them at 1 1/2" and adhered them to Piglet so they look like he is holding them behind his back. I added some pink gems as the centers of the flowers. I cut a strip of pink cardstock at 3"x1/2." I then cut it to look like a banner. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in eggplant ink by Tsukineko. I attached it to the card, using adhesive only on the ends, so there is a rise in the middle. The flowers are from Prima and I used timeless lilac and coral reef Glimmer Mist on them to give them a shimmery colored look. I attached the flowers together with a pearl brad, then used a pop-dot to adhere them to the banner.

This card is for the following challenges:

Mojo Monday: sketch #184


BBTB2: Disney themed


Birthday Sundaes: spring birthday

13 comments:

  1. Love the glittery paper and of course, Piglet!

    http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little piglet. Sweet little card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card and love the little piglet, too cute and those papers are the greatest! So glad you joined us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love piglet! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOO cute! I love Piglet and the sparkly paper! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta love Piglet! Cute! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet Piglet. Love the glittery paper for the background. Really makes Piglet take center stage. Thanks for joining our Disney challenge this week at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula I love, love, love, love this card! My birthday is in November, so you are pleanty of time to send it my way(LOL)
    It is great to see you playing with us at Birthday Sundaes! Thanks for joining us!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula! I seen your card over at the BBTB2 Challenge blog and had to stop by to say HI and tell ya how CUTE your card is! ADORABLE! :o)
    Theresa
    http://miislucky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. I love piglet and the flowers in his hands are perfect. I love the sparkly centers. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe! Piglet is soo cute! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for palying with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh he's as cute as can BE! Thanks for playing with BBTB2 this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stinkin' adorable! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete