Friday, April 01, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Challenge #17

It is time for another Flaunt It Fridays challenge! This week is challenge #17 and we are asking you to flaunt the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge. Specifically we are flaunting the "disguise bird." When I saw this little guy my first thought was that he was perfect for a surprise party invitation. I decided to make a criss-cross card. I used a light blue cardstock for the criss-cross part of the card. I then cut a couple of triangles 1/4" smaller than the flaps, from a patterned paper. The little bird is cut at 3," using both regular and shadow features. I flocked the main part of his body with navy colored flocking. I added crackle accents to his wings and glossy accents to his sunglasses and I used a grey pen on his mustache. The "shhh..." sentiment is from Smiley Cards and I added the three dots using George and Basic Shapes and welding it all together on my Gypsy. I also used my Gypsy to weld the "it's a surprise" sentiment, which is from Mickey Font. Both the sentiments are cut at 1." The inner card is cut at 5 1/4"x3 3/4." I used a shimmery blue cardstock for the outer layer and white cardstock for the inner layer, which is 1/4" smaller than the blue. I punched a hole in the top and added a polka dotted ribbon. I placed a brad through the hole as well. I finished it all off with some doodling on the sentiments. There is my project, I hope you all like it! I also hope you check out all the other projects that the rest of the design has come up with! Now head on over to Flaunt It Fridays, check out all the fun projects, get inspired and create your own project! I can't wait to see how you flaunt this fun little disguised bird! :)


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! That bird is pretty funny :) Good idea using him for a surprise card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love the glossy accents and the crackle accents...such a neat effect!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete