Friday, April 29, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Challenge #21

It is time for another Flaunt It Fridays challenge!! This is challenge #21 and our challenge is to flaunt the Nifty Fifties cartridge, specifically, the car cut.


I decided to make a couple of altered frames for my design team project. I got the frames at Miachaels and I stainted them with a cherry finish. Both the car and the truck are cut from Nifty Fifties. I cut the car at 2" and the truck at 2 1/4." The brown panel on the bed of the truck was embossed with the Woodgrain Sizzix folder, then inked with a reddish brown ink. The "classic" senitment is cut from Cursive 101 on the car frame and Don Juan on the truck frame. I cut it at 1 3/4" out of Cursive 101, using my Gypsy to weld the letters and at 2" from Don Juan. I then adhered everything to my frames once the stain was dry and covered it all with a clear sealant.




















Head on over to Flaunt It Fridays and get some more inspiration from the rest of the design team. Then create your own project and enter it in to win the prize ($20 gift certificate) from our fabulous sponser, www.scrapbuck.com! I can't wait to see how you flaunt it!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I like how the cars look against the wood frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. Nice work! Very creative and manly too.

    ReplyDelete