Sunday, September 05, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Yet another summer card! One of these days I will start getting down to making fall and halloween cards, but not yet. I made this simple, sunny card using today's sketch from 365 Cards. I used the inspiration from My Sheri Crafts, which is Labor Day. Since Labor Day is unofficially the last day of summer I wanted to make a summer card. Maybe Labor Day will mark my last day of making summer cards for a while. ;) I'm not going to count on it though.
The card was premade and 3 1/2"x5." I rounded off the corners and added some white cardstock, cut 1/4" smaller than the card. I wrapped the ribbon around the white cardstock. The striped paper was from my stash and cut so there was a small border of white showing. The sun is from Going Places and cut at 1 1/2." The stamp is from my stash and I matted it with the same yellow-orange as the inner layer of the sun. I finished it off with a couple of stickers from my stash. I think it just screams summer...my last hurrah to summer!

8 comments:

  1. Love your sunny, summer card - everyone takes labour day as the end...not me I go right until Sept 21!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous summery card! Love the sun, it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun and festive! Thanks for joining us this week at myshericrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card/...your sun is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the summer cards and this is another fantastic one girl :) just pull this one out when you start to get snow and it will warm you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That´s the spirit , girl. Let´s refuse to see the fall coming our way ; )
    Love that card... gives me a feeling of warm summer nights...
    Thanks for playing with us on 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! I'm soo lovin' that sun:)

    ReplyDelete