Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Santa Slackers Challenge Card

Over on the Cricut messageboard, in the cards forum, there are a couple of ladies who have challenged people to make Christmas cards and get the jump on Christmas. That way you aren't making cards at the last minute. This week is the second week of their challenge. I didn't make anything for last week, but I thought it sounded like a fun challenge so I decided to participate this week. The rules of the challenge was to follow the sketch, make it a 5"x7" card, use a Christmas cut, and add some bling.

The card is 5"x7." I use paper from Me & My Big Ideas. I cut the ornaments from the Christmas Solutions cartridge. The oblong ornament is cut at 3 1/2," and the round ornament is cut at 2." I placed a ribbon around the smaller rectangle of paper. I added silver Stickles around the edge as well and put some bling in the corners. The ornaments are pop-dotted at different heights and I put some bling on the oblong ornament. The inside is matted and then stamped with some stamps in my stash.
I've been making some Christmas cards since July, but I'm always up for a new type of challenge. If I can get enough stocked up I won't have to make any for next year either. ;) I hope they keep these challenges coming for a while, it was really fun to make this one!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment