Thursday, September 16, 2010

Picture Frame

I've posted the engagement card and wedding card I've made for my cousin. This is part of my wedding gift to her. I have this cute picture of her and her fiance, so I wanted to make a picture frame for the picture. This way they can change out the picture if they want or keep it if they like it. I found the frame at Michael's for $2.00 and I painted it white. I then cut out the images of the flower and the swirl from white cardstock. They are both from Cindy Loo; the flower is cut at 3 1/2" and the swirl is cut at 2 1/4." I glued them onto the frame and then added a couple more coats of paint so it looks like the images are etched into the wood. I cut the quote out of black cardstock from Lyrical Letters. I used my Gypsy to weld the letters. Once I glued the letters on I used some glossy Mod Podge to seal the frame and the cardstock on it. Once the sealer was on I put some dark red flat-backed gems to add just a little punch of color into the "etched" designs. The colors are very similar to the colors I used on the wedding and engagement cards. I really like how it all turned out, I just hope she does as well. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment