Thursday, July 18, 2013

MIckey Cartridges - Creation #1

Well, seven creations with the "Summer Celebrations" cartridge isn't that bad.  I could probably make more with so many great images, but it is time to move on.  It is that time of the year where I make the invitations and decorations for the birthday of my cousin's daughter.  This year she wanted a Mickey/Minnie theme for her party.  With this theme I will be using both the "Mickey Font Set" and "Mickey & Friends" cartridges.  Since I am using both cartridges for this I will feature both at the same time.
 
The first project I have completed are the invitations.  Naturally these need to be completed first since they have to be sent out before the actual party.  Here is the invite:
 
The invites are 5 1/2"x8 1/2" and made from black cardstock.  I cut some pink/white polka dotted cardstock at 5 1/4"8 1/4" for the mat.  I cut a black strip of cardstock at 5 1/4"x1 1/4" and wrapped it with some pink ribbon.  On top of the strip and ribbon I placed the 2"x3" picture of my cousin's daughter.  It is double matted with white (2 1/8"x3 1/8") and black (2 1/4"x3 1/4") cardstock.
The mouse ears are from the "Mickey Font Set" cartridge and the bow is from the "Mickey & Friends" cartridge, the icon feature
.  I welded the ears and the shadow of the bow together using Cricut Craft Room and cut them from black cardstock.  I cut some white circles and printed the invitation information on them and adhered them all together.  I then cut the regular bow from pink cardstock that I covered in cotton candy glitter, by Martha Stewart.


No comments:

Post a Comment