Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mickey Cartridges - Creation #3

One of the women I work with just hit 10 years of working at JoAnn Fabrics.  We thought we would do something for her, so one of my other co-workers is getting cupcakes and I made a card for her.
 
 
The card is 6"x6" and made from white cardstock.  The blue mat is 5 3/4"x5 3/4."  I created my quilt block from 1 1/4" squares of patterned cardstock.  All the patterned cardstocks came from the Crafty Stack by DCWV.  I got this stack about 3-4 years ago at JoAnn's and have never used it.  I thought it was about time.  I just love the yellow cardstock with the little buttons!
 
I used "Mickey Font" for my number 10.  I cut it at 2 1/4" and used both the shadow and regular features.  I adhered it to the card with pop-dots.  I then added some faux stitching to the number with a burgundy marker and also around the edge of the blue mat with white gel pen.
 
On the inside of the card I cut a red mat at 5 3/4"x5 3/4" and a white mat at 5 1/4"x5 1/4."  I added some faux stitching around the white mat with the burgundy marker.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and stamped in rhubarb stalk ink by Tsukineko.
 
I also stamped her name on the envelope.  I used more of the rhubarb stalk ink and letter stamps from My Craft Spot, the "Chunky Alphabet" set.

No comments:

Post a Comment