Monday, July 01, 2013

Summer Celebrations - Creation #1

I feel like I have showcased the "Art Deco" cartridge  well enough and it is time to move on to another cartridge.  This time I will be showcasing and exploring the "Summer Celebrations" cartridge.  I got this one a few months ago and haven't played with it very much yet, and with summer upon us I thought it was high time to explore what it has to offer.
 
I used the card feature for my first creation.  I created this flag-shaped card with that feature and the help of Cricut Craft Room.  The flag card is 4 1/4" tall.  I used the hide contour feature in Cricut Craft Room to hide all the cuts that create the stripes and "stars" on the flag and cut a white layer in addition to the red layer.
 
 
Once the card was put together I added some white liquid pearls into the dots that make up the "stars" on the flag.  I also cut three banners from red, white, and blue cardstock of different widths and lengths.  I covered the red cardstock with red glitter.  The white cardstock has on it, a sentiment from the "Yankee Doodle Dandy" set by Scrappy Moms Stamps.
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: red, white, & blue as main colors
BBTB2: patriotism - red, white, & blue
Exploring Cricut: 4th of July and include a flag

25 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out fabulously! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card!! I love it!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Celebrate' challenge at Exploring Cricut and for joining our 'Patriotism' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Paula, love it! Thank you for joining us at Exploring Cricut for this challenge!
    Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card shape. This turned out fabulous. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the glitter and liquid pearls! Your work is always amazing, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card is fabulous Paula! I don't have this cart but want it badly! lol I love how this flag card looks like it is waving! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shaped card, you did a great job and thanks for the tips on the cartridge! Thanks for joining us this week at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paula, this card is wonderful! Very impressive flag card! What a great card feature! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning & Beautiful!! I LOVE it!
    Would love if you joined us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Cut It Up Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula, I love this shape card. This is such a beautiful card! The banners add so much to it and it is already wonderful. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shape card and the glitter accents. Super cute card!!! Thank you for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!! How fun!! It actually looks like its waving!!
    Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Paula, fabulous job! Thanks for entering at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I *love* this card! I actually thought the flag was draped at first- you assembled the image perfectly! The extra white layer was a great idea and the 3 banners, one with glitter, tied everything together so well. You really went outside of the box to make this project unique and gorgeous. Great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card! I love the sentiment and the font on it. I need to use Cricut Craftroom!

    Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
    I would love to have you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect 4th of July card. Love the shape of it. Great details with the banners and glitter. Thanks for entering the Cricut crawl challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun shaped card, I like the sparkle for the stars! Thanks for joining FCCB's Red, White & Blue challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love your red white and blue card , the flag shape is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at FCCB for our Cricut Crawl xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Job. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This came out great! Love the banners and the stars! Thanks for playing at FCCB!
    Scrappy Hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this looks great! Love the liquid pearls you added onto the dots for the stars :) Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2 and Exploring Cricut this week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Neat shaped card! I really like how you used the liquid pearls for the stars! Thanks for joining the Red White and Blue challenge at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute love the details and shape great job !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete