Sunday, July 14, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Floral Wedding Card

For this week's card using the Silhouette, I made a wedding card for my step-sister.  She is getting married soon, so I thought I would come up with something.  Now, when I make wedding cards for specific people, I try to use the invitation as inspiration for the card.  Here is her wedding invitation:
 
Here is the card I created with that as my inspiration:
The Silhouette cuts I used were:
"3Flower Tiles" (#40204) by Snapdragon Snippets
"Flags" (#34607) by Hero Arts
 
I cut the flower tiles twice, once in the green and once in the pale yellow.  I trimmed off just the flower parts from the yellow tiles and adhered them to the green.  The tiles are about 2 1/4" tall.  I cut the bottom left banner only on the flag set.  I cut it twice, once from green at about .95" and once from white at about .85." 
 
My sentiment is from Paper Smooches and stamped in bamboo leaves ink by Tsukineko.  I then added two pale yellow pearls to the banner to finish off the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment