Sunday, July 07, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Cupcake Bear

The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used brown cardstock for the card base.  I then cut a dark purple mat at 5 1/4"x4" and a light purple mat at 5"x3 3/4."  I embossed the light purple layer with a ProvoCraft embossing folder, called "Happy Birthday," and my Cuttlebug.

My adorable little bear is from the Silhouette store, it is called "party  bear" and is by the designer, Berry Cute Designs.  The bear is about 5" tall when all assembled.  I covered the ball and band of the party hat with purple glitter by Martha Stewart.  I covered the eyes and nose with glossy accents.  I also added a little bit to the cupcake icing, I colored it in with a snow marker to give it some texture.  The cupcake and bear paws are adhered with foam tape.

The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "Sweet Somethings" set.  I stamped it on some white cardstock and cut it into a banner shape.  I adhered the left end of it with to the card and adhered the right end with foam tape for dimension.  I then curled up the ends of the banner.

5 comments: